Banner photos: Cornelia Kraft
THE REMADE PARENT
(Why We Are Losing Our Children & How We Can Get Them Back)
Author: Brett Hetherington
1. REMAKING PARENTING:
- The Economic Crisis: A Perfect Time To Rethink Parenting
- Why Is The Remaking Of Modern Parenting Necessary?
- What Is A Parent Anyway?
2. PREVENTING THE EXTINCTION OF THE FATHER & THE DEMISE OF THE MOTHER:
- Oh, Father! Where Art Thou?
- Fathers Of Substance
- So, What Can We Do To Remake Fathering?
- “Mother, You Had Me…But I Never Had You”
- So, What Can We Do To Remake Mothering?
- Childcare: The Comfort of Convenience
- Work Beats Life
- Just A Parent – The Status of Parents
- A Product For Every Parent: Advertising and “The Rattling of a Stick Inside a Swill Bucket”
- So, What Can We Do To Lift The Status of Parents and Put The Raising of Our Children First?
3. PROTEST & PRESSURE – PARENTS & SCHOOLS:
- The ‘Jason Phenomenon’
- The Policy of Excluding
- The Battle To Achieve
- Stresses From Schooling
- So, What Can We Do to Remake How We Deal with Our Kid’s Education?
4. UNDER-NOURISHED, UNDER-LOVED… UNDER-PARENTED: Recognising ourselves and our own in children and parents from across the world
- Under-nourished Kids (Ricky)
- Children of the Ritalin Revolution (James)
- Freedom In All The Wrong Places (Sandra)
- Carers That Hurt You – Sexual Abuse (Jenny)
- Over-Parenting: ' The Anti-Parent' (Aaron and Deidre)
- 'God’s Creation:' The Sony Play Station (Bob)
- Parenting In The Era Of Distraction (Aden and Sara)
- Book In Your Baby Birth (Laura)
- Brought Up To Give Up…And Raised To Fall Down (Sally)
- So, What Can We Do To Ensure That We Don’t Under-Parent?
5. SPAIN: A PARENT'S PARADISE?
- “In this country people care about kids” – The Case For.
“Children here are not raised to be internationally-minded” – The Case Against.
- So, What Can We Learn From Spain’s Parents and Children?
6. THE REMADE PARENT:
- The Remade Parent
- A 'Minimally Decent’ Life
- A Path to Empathy
- In Us, We Trust
- The Importance Of Play
- In Praise Of Praising
- Both Human And Humane
- So, How Can We Live As Remade Parents?